STASH's Yarn Support Program
Hey there, clever crafter, and thank you for your interest in STASH’s yarn support program! We developed this program to support budding designers from marginalized populations. We aim help them get a head start on their designing career by providing yarn support, advice, mentorship, and promotion.
The designers selected will receive:
- Yarn support to create their design
- Mentorship from our STASH team through the creation process
- Light technical editing (please note this does not include grading)
- Assistance finding pattern testers
- Promotion of the pattern including: social media posts, blog posts, newsletter highlights, and when applicable, STASH will create pattern kits to accompany the design!
- This program is intended to support designers belonging to marginalized groups. This includes but is not limited to Black, Indigenous and Non-Black People of Colour, members of the 2SLGBTQA+ community, disabled, and neurodiverse people.
- Applicants should have published fewer than 10 patterns at the time of applying (please note that no previous pattern releases are required to apply - first time designers are welcome and encouraged to apply!)
- Applicants must reside in Canada or the United States. We apologize to international designers, but unfortunately shipping times and import restrictions make it difficult to provide these services to applicants outside of Canada and the United States.
- Applicants must share and reflect the values of STASH - please read about our values here.
- Garment designs for adults should be size inclusive - graded to fit a chest circumference of 28-30”/71-76 cm to 60-62”/152-158 cm.
Applications are open for pattern releases in Fall/Winter 2020 (October-December.) Please apply by July 15th, 2020. We will be accepting two applicants every quarter, and if you not selected we encourage you to apply again at the next call for submissions. Please note that this is juried application. If you aren't accepted and would like some feedback on your submission, please don't hesitate to reach out!