Are you taking a class at STASH that has prerequisites? Then we strongly recommend that you practice up a bit before the class so that you are really set up for crafty succcess!
Who should practice up?
- If you haven’t knit in the past month
- If you haven’t used your advanced skill in the past month
- If you have taken Learn to Knit or Learn to Crochet and not knit or crocheted since (that’s cool, but practice up!)
How to practice up with knitting?
- Get some scrap yarn and the correct needles for that yarn.
- Practice your cast-on so that it become a smooth action.
- Practice your knit stitch and your purl stitch.
- Practice casting off.
- If more advanced skills are required, practice those skills (colourwork, brioche, double point needle use).
How to practice up with crochet?
- Get some scrap yarn and the correct hook for that yarn.
- Practice your chain stitch so that it becomes a smooth action.
- Practice your single crochet and double crochet.
- If more advanced skills are required, practice those skills (half-double crochet, magic loop).
Why practice up?
We want you to have a great time learning something new at STASH and there is no worse feeling than realizing that you might be rusty on the basics while in class. Also, our instructors teach our classes on the basis that you awesome peeps do have the basic skills required and may not have oodles of time in class to get you up to speed!